Thursday, May 2, 2013

Jackets In College: Marcus Blessing Post Meet Quotes, May 2, 2013

 
 
"It's funny looking back... only 2 years ago did I start pole vaulting. Never in a million years did anyone think I would make it onto a college team. Then I made it onto a D1 college team. On top of that, no one thought I was capable of jumping anything higher than 14ft, maybe 15."
 
"Then I went and jumped 15'1" at conference. Then there was that big nasty 16ft barrier... no one thought I would ever come close to jumping that. I honestly have to say I had some doubts myself. Funny thing about doubts... they're a waste of time. Happy to say that I broke the 16 ft barrier today with a 4.90 meter leap. Conference is right around the corner. Time to nut up or shut up. Feeling determined.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Marcus Blessing 
Pole Vaulter
University of North Florida
May 2, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment